Saturday, September 12, 2009

Take my downstairs!

Sailor and Joe have an afternoon event that occurs daily. She calls daddy on the phone, usually on his way home from work and asks him to "take my downstairs". She refers to herself as "my" instead of "me". She often speaks in 3rd person, "watch Sailor do it", or "Sailor feed Brighton", but she also says things like "watch my do it" or "let my do it". Anyway, back to my story. Downstairs in our basement is a pile of junk toys that belonged to my nephews that accumulated over the years. They are random things like yugioh cards, McDonald's happy meal toys, little cars, etc... Joe lets Sailor go down and shop every day. She gets to pick 2 or 3 things each day. She thinks this is the greatest thing and looks forward to it everyday! One day last week this is what she came up with...a red Pirates of the Caribbean do rag, a shrek watch, Ripley's light up necklace and a numbers counting book. The only bad thing is all these random junk toys are once again scattered around my house. Note to self, I should have thrown all this stuff away a long time ago but it is awful cute that she loves this so much.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Aww, that is so cute! I love that it is the small things in life that make them the happiest! Connor has been playing with a balloon that he got at Publix the other day and it popped this morning! I guess I need to buy a bag of balloons and keep them around... Glad you guys are doing well!