Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blizzard 2010!!!

O.K. not blizzard but the biggest snow we have seen since the blizzard of 93! Our fun began Friday night when our friends Buddy and Lisa came over with an air mattress! O.K. that sound sounds a little bad but it was for sledding!! Yes we rednecked it up riding down the big hill on a mattress. Only one problem...hit the curb first run and popped. No problem, we just aired it up each time. There was plenty of time to air it up since we all needed to rest after walking back up the hill! I must say I walked up my hill more times Friday night than I ever care too again. It was all fun and games until the scraper truck came by around 1am :( We even made a snowman in the road with a sign "don't scrape me" but they did anyway. Saturday we stayed out all day sledding in our yard, Nana's and even went out to Granny Wanda and Aunt Heather's neighborhood for some action. Brighton even got to ride but I am not so sure he enjoyed it that much. Sailor really impressed us and went down the huge sledding hill by herself several times! I have to say I was even a little scared going by myself. We even went back to Aunt Heather's on Sunday for some yummy stew and more sledding with Peyton and Colton! I am so glad we finally saw real snow and can't wait for more!

















































2 comments:

Casey said...

I'm just guessing, but by the look on Brighton's face, I think Sailor enjoyed the sledding more:)

Anonymous said...

It is so great that the kids got to enjoy a real snow this year. You all have the cutest snow gear! We are very poorly prepared over here...