Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's day this year. We started the day with Sailor's dedication at church. We learned that this dedication was not only for Sailor but for Joe and I to dedicate our lives to Sailor and teaching her God's ways and to live for the Lord. She received a certificate, a personalized Bible and a special prayer and kiss from the Preacher to let her know what a special little girl she is. Sailor did so good, I was so proud of her and she did not put her Bible down the rest of the morning, I could tell she was proud too!










The whole crew!



After Church, Joe, Sailor and I had a good lunch with Granny Wanda followed by a visit to NannyJo in Crossville. Sailor had the best time with NannyJo and Granny Wanda, She loved showing them how big she is.




Sailor got me another tree this year. I am so excited to plant it. I just hope it grows as well as the one she gave me last year. Thanks Sailor and Daddy!

We ended the day with a cookout at Nana and Pop's. Heather and I provided the food but of course we had Nana cook her famous burgers as Heather and I each made excuses about how we just don't pat out the burgers right and we don't like to handle the meat! We really just wanted her to do it!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day!

Tara said...

I love the tree idea for Mothers Day! Now you have something to watch and grow and remember how old it is based on how old Sailor was when she gave it to you! You look great Nikki! Are you sure you are really pregnant?