Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sailor is 8 months!

Watch out! Here I come.

I learned in school that 8 months is a critical age and stage that babies go through. Most of their reflexes that they are born with are integrated by now meaning their movements are much more coordinated and purposeful. All of this makes much more sense to me now that I am watching Sailor grow, learn and change. I think pediatrics would have made much more sense then and probably been a little easier had I had a child way back then. Anyway, Sailor is 8 months. It is officially time for a baby gate! We also apparently need sideboards for the bed, our bed that is. Joe laid Sailor down for literally seconds while going into the bathroom for a washcloth and BAM, she hit the floor. We have read all the stuff about not putting them on high objects at this age because they can move so quickly. Well, I think you live and learn. Once again she was fine after a few good tears. She finally got the hang of crawling really good the middle of last week. I think it was the 23rd, but I think it is safe to say when she turned 8 months. She is starting to pull up and getting into everything. She is able to go from sitting to crawling and back up again to sitting from laying down. She loves to ride-a-little-horsey and does it best for Nana. She is talking more and more each day, but I think she is definitely saying mama best and most, ha,ha! Her expressions are hilarious. She makes the funniest faces at Joe. I have a few on video and plan to post them soon. Still no teeth, we check everyday but nothing. I can't figure it out, she goes through stages where she drools so much and chews on everything but still no toofers.


Did I say into everything! Sailor loves just everything and anything that is not her's. Here she is wanting to chew on Peyton's Wii gun.

6 comments:

Owings Family said...

I can't believe that she is already crawling and I bet the teeth will be here soon! We need to get together for lunch soon. Call me anytime! We've ventured out to Ivan's, McAllisters, Steak-N-Shake, and Cracker Barrell so far! :) Call us!

Maranda said...

I know exactly what you mean about the tooth thing. Brody did that too. I was beginning to think he was not going to have teeth (ha!) Anyway he got his first and second ones just a few days apart when he was almost 10 months. He is still drooling a lot though especially right before a new toofer comes in. Sailor is a absolute doll. This summer will be so much fun for you all.

Amanda and Avary said...

Avary is still not crawling yet. She is going to therepy for her muscle tone. She just recently started rolling over. That is so awesome that Sailor is already doing those things. Avary still deosnt' have teeth either. I am just waiting.

hornefamily said...

I can't believe she is crawling! Megan is almost there, but I am not encouraging it, since we are so not prepared with the gates & lock down mode. I am sure it is soon, she is at the swimming, rolling stage. Good luck with the teeth.

Amy Griffin said...

Yeah Sailor! Crawling = hard work for mama and daddy but it is fun!

Tara said...

Oh Nikki, are you in for it now! Ha! You all are going to have the time of your lives, they are so much fun starting around 8 months. Sailor is doing so good! She is way ahead of where Connor was at 8 months. I cant believe she is talking already!!! I have heard that girls talk before boys and seem to talk alot more- well dugh! She is so cute! Dont worry about the teeth, Connor went from none to 4 at 9 months. He is now getting his molars- fun stuff! Tylenol is our best friend!