Monday, November 24, 2008

Congratulations POP!!!!

What an accomplishment! My dad began watching and supporting Peyton in martial arts several years ago. He began really expressing an interest in karate so about 4-5 years ago Heather and I purchased a years tuition to the Kingston Martial Arts school and gave it to dad for Christmas. He began taking Karate and really fell in love with it. He has done so well and been very dedicated. Last Saturday he completed and accomplished his goal of becoming a black belt. From my understanding it was well earned. His tested lasted 4 hours during which he completed 1000 sit ups, army crawls with 10 lb weights on ankles and wrists, demonstrated his memorized Forms, and sparred with several black belt instructors. Needless to say he has a few battle wounds to prove his victory. So POP!!! Sailor, Joe and I are very, very proud of you. We knew you could do it. Now just keep up the hard work and stay in shape!

Dad with his fellow classmates and instructors!

Some Actions shots!


3 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Wow that is impressive! Congratulations!

Heather Robinette said...

I'm glad you got these pics from Mom. I didn't have anyway to put them on my computer at home.

Tara said...

Wow, great job! He was telling us that he was going to test at the funeral home. I know how hard this is. I hope to get my decided 1st degree someday. Having kids is taking all of my time for now... Great job Keith!