Friday, February 20, 2009

Just a good story!


Several months ago a yellow lab puppy showed up in our neighborhood. Our neighbors across the street began feeding the dog and finally decided to keep him after some convincing from their two kids! They had not had a dog since living here and were so excited about him. He was very pretty and looked to be pure bred. It is not uncommon for stray animals to show up in our neighborhood being that 2 of my best dogs growing up just showed up at our house. Anyway, the kids named the lab Marshal and began to bond with him more each day. After Marshal had lived here for a couple of months a family showed up to claim him. They said their neighbor had seen him from the school bus and they came to confirm. Well he was their dog, his real name was Moses, and he was pure bred. They had actually paid a lot of money for him. He was very happy to see them but sad to say goodbye to his new family that had taken care of him. Of course, my neighbors were upset but decided they would probably eventually get another dog when the time was right. The very next day, Moses' real family called to tell my neighbors that they had them a puppy who was from the same line or at least related to Moses and would be bringing him by. So long story short, we have another Marshal in the neighborhood, this time to stay. We call him "MJ", Marshal Jr.








Yes, Beamer is jealous!

5 comments:

Heather Robinette said...

Just to add to the story, the family that brought Nikki's neighbors the new puppy also supplied them with a big basket of treats, food, toys, and a collar. When I heard this heart warming story, it made me happy to realize that there ARE still good people in the world! Thanks for sharing the pictures, Nikki. I haven't gotten over there to see Marshall yet. I'm so glad that Sailor loves dogs!!! I would have posted some pics of her playing with Nellie, but I can never keep either one of them still enough while she is here to capture the moments!

Tara said...

What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing. Lab pup are the cutest! It was so good to see you on Saturday. You both looked so great and again I just loved Sailors outfit!!!

~ Kaybe ~ said...

i LOVE good dog stories, and i love the fact that the family who lost their puppy was so gracious to those who took care of him :) i also LOVE all the pics of sailor on here!!! she is just too sweet :)

Anonymous said...

I love that story! How wonderful to see both families handle things so well. I am so glad that they were able to get another puppy, they really deserve it after caring so well for Moses. I will have to tell our Lab, Harley, all about it!!

Casey said...

What a sweet story! I love the picture where Sailor is trying to pick the puppy up...too funny!