Monday, August 10, 2009

Brighton Cole Presley

Another "Greatest" day of our lives!!! The greatest day of our lives was the title of my blog almost two years ago so excuse my grammar, but this is the only way I can describe this amazing, wonderful day. Throughout my pregnancy I had many mixed emotions. How can I possibly love two as much as just one? How do I split my time and my attention? Why am I doing this to Sailor who has been the center of my attention and love for almost 2 years.
I truly feel like all those emotions and questions were answered at 7:13pm on August 4th. I can't describe the immediate love you feel all over again to see your child, this little guy come into this world and then to see Sailor's face when she finally got to meet her little brother. Truly "priceless".
Waiting for Brighton!




Brighton Cole Presley
August 4th, 2009 @ 7:13 pm
8lb 10oz, 20.5 in
Our day began by dropping Sailor off with Nana around 5:00am. We headed to the hospital and were admitted. I was dilated to 3cm and having contractions pretty regularly when the doctor came in to break my water. The day progressed a little slowly I guess. I remember being told I was fully dilated and ready around 4pm. I was feeling pretty good. I waited for a while and the nurse finally came to begin pushing about an hour later. I did have trouble throughout the day with my epidural. It would wear off on one side and then the other. The anesthesiologist returned several times to give more medicine but by the time I began pushing there was not much relief. Anyway, I have to say Sailor came into the world much more comfortably but with probably the same amount of effort!
Brighton has had a first name for a while but just like his sister, we gave him a middle name the night after he was born. Cole was not really on the list until very recently. We decided on Cole, after me, Nicole, and also decided he needed somewhat of a normal middle name just in case he hates his first name down the road.
Sailor has really adjusted well. I have been very impressed with her. She is a very BIG helper. She immediately began hugging and kissing him when they first met. She is loving sharing her toys with him, I have to watch as he will be piled high with stuffed animals and other things.
Brighton has done well since coming home. Our first night was good, up about every 2 hours which was to be expected. The next two nights were a little ruff with periods of inconsolable crying. Last night was good again with routine wakings and feedings.






First bath

My picture and coming home outfit!


Ready to be discharged and hit the road home!



Brighton's first visitors!!!!

Sailor


Nana





Aunt Heather

Colton

Daddy

Peyton



Pop

Granny Wanda



Uncle Jamie and Paula

Granddaddy and GrannyFran

After coming home we got a nice surprise from Jay, Amanda and Eli. Eli had to wake up Sleeping beauty to play!

Amanda and baby owings!


Brighton's first bath at home!

Our first family outing in the truck, off to see the doctor!




Settling in!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Aww, these are such sweet pictures! I am so excited for you guys and so glad that Sailor is doing well with the adjustment! Joe looks really tired in that last picture...lol

Casey said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you got these up! He is adorable! The Stooksbury family can't wait to meet him! I'm glad everyone is adjusting to baby #2.

The Clifton Family said...

CONGRATS! I didn't even know he was born yet, and here he is almost 3 weeks old! He is a doll..and Sailor looks like she adores him! Keep us posted!