Friday, August 21, 2009

Brighton's first boat ride!

Should have been in Church! And yes he is a little young to venture out on the boat but oh well we did it anyway. All summer Joe, Sailor and I went out for breakfast on the water and tried all the marinas around who serve breakfast. We have decided we like the lighthouse at Euchee best. We talked about how much fun and good it is that Nana and Pop decided to finally get their boat out of storage and take Brighton on his first ride. Well I am getting to the should have been in Church part. We decided to go out Sunday morning since we did not think we were ready to take Brighton to Church yet and beat the crowds to the buffett! Well needless to say we did not quite make the early bird special. Half way to Euchee Nana and Pop's boat began to stall a little and after a short time would not go any faster than a swift idle. We decided we better make a hard right and head for my grandparent's house to check things out. It gets a little worse. About half way from where the boat stalled and began to idle it stopped completely. So, everyone we knew to call for help were of course where they should be, in Church. Joe began to paddle, too bad I did not get a picture of him sitting on the front of the boat, it was quite comical, however, by this point I am second guessing my decision to take my one and half week old for his first boat ride. I know this sounds a little silly that I was just then second guessing. Anyway, long story short, a nice fisherman came along and gave us a short tow to my grandparents where we docked our non-working boat, boarded theirs and proceeded to arrowhead, a much closer marina, and had lunch instead of breakfast! Joe, Pop and I drove in to town and picked up Pop's trailer and Nana's car with car seats while Nana, Sailor and Brighton waited in the air conditioning and had a nice visit with GrannyFran and Granddaddy. The funny thing is Pop's boat fired right up and ran like a champ when they went back to get it out of the water. Who knows, sometimes boats are nothing but trouble. Brighton not only took his first ride but got ride on two boats all in the same day! Moral of this story is, don't try to beat the church crowd, join them after attending with them!






2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh I am sorry to hear about the breakdown on the lake. I will never forget the time that Dad and I were stranded out there in July and we paddled for 2 hours before we could get anyone to stop. I would have panicked if I had my children on the boat too. That is funny about not being in church. I have also had that feeling also. Glad you had some good samaritans that could help you out!

Anonymous said...

what a hilarious story- only because it turned out okay!! =)