Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Sailor!!

Sailor's birthday was August 22!
It is so hard to believe Sailor is already two! She is growing up so fast right before my eyes. Sailor is so independent already and has, of course, been in the terrible two's for several months now! She is into everything, she pulls things out faster than I can put them up. She does not like for me to be on the computer but loves to be on it herself. She has assumed ownership of my Ipod and has her own play list. Of course, at the top of the list is...Single Ladies, Boom Pow and Poker Face, and yes she sings along!! She repeats everything, so watch what you say. She will quickly say, "we don't say that", after spouting out something she knows is not appropriate. She no longer likes Beamer and hits him regularly only to follow with, "It was an accident". Sailor is doing great with potty training. Some days are better than others with the occasional accident. She naps well in the afternoon but fights sleep like nothing else at nighttime.
We decided to have a downsized party this year with only family. We were hoping to get downsized gifts as well seeing that toyland has taken over our home. Joe still had to drive his truck up to Nana and Pop's pool fence to load up her loot! I am not sure how that has happened either, it is like I blinked and it was invasion of toyland and I am not sure how to correct this problem. Sailor had a great time at her party. All she asked for was balloons and birthday cake. Of course she got those along with a few other items.














2 comments:

Owings Family said...

Happy BDay Sailor! I was hoping for a pic of post-rescue! Looks like fun.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a great party and the family ones are always the best. Way more fun for the mother... If you figure out how to keep the toys from invading let me know. I am dreading what it will be like in December at my house. I get bday and Christmas at the same time...whoopee!