Monday, August 11, 2008

Sailor is walking!!!

I don't normally like posting without any pictures but I wanted to get this down to remember the date. Sailor took her first steps last night! She has been standing alone for a while now for around 30 seconds at a time but has not ventured out on any steps yet. Last night Joe and I were just watching the Olympics when first Sailor completed a very graceful dismount off of the couch and stuck the landing. She then proceeded to take ~4-5 steps from the couch to the ottoman. Joe saw her first and had this crazy excited look on his face. I turned her around and she walked back to where she started from. She then came back again to the ottoman with a little inspiration from the telephone and remote control sitting on the ottoman. Joe and I cheered and she was soooo excited and proud of herself. You would have thought she had just won a gold medal at our house last night!

I still don't know how to post a video and I did not get any pictures. Rest assured there will be plenty soon!

9 comments:

Tara said...

Woohoo! Sailor wins GOLD! That is great! You will have to be on your toes now!

Heather Robinette said...

I'm so proud of my little Sailor girl!!!

Owings Family said...

YEA! What an awesome story to be able to tell her later in life!

Amy Griffin said...

Congrats Sailor!!

Anonymous said...

way to go!!! yahoo!!!!

hornefamily said...

Yeah Sailor! We have a long ways to go.

Richards Construction & Development Inc. said...

That is such exciting news! Way to go Sailor!

Casey said...

Way to go sailor!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Yay for Sailor! Isn't this sooo much fun! For weeks you will watch and just won't believe that she is really walking! This is such a fun stage to watch them become even more independent!