Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Mother's Day was very special this year. It was my very first one. I have to say it was probably the best one yet and I look forward to many, many more. I am so blessed to be the mom to such a wonderful, special little girl. I could just go on and on and describe her in so many different ways but I will stop and tell everyone about my great day. We began the day a little stressed I must say as are all Sunday mornings. I thought we were doing really well on time but of course not, we made it to church just as the choir began to sing after meeting Heather in the parking lot to say Happy Mother's Day and she gave me a framed note she and Sailor had worked on together along with two books from Sailor for us to read together. Luckily we scored a back row seat just big enough for Joe, Sailor, mom, dad and me. After church Joe and Sailor gave me my mother's Day present, A nectarine tree for Sailor and me to plant so we will always remember our first Mother's day together! Joe, Sailor and I went to visit Granny Wanda next. We did not take any pictures there because Granny Wanda did not want her picture made. We had a great time visiting! Next we headed to Granny Fran and Granddaddy's. Needless to say Sailor was worn out by this time but we still had a good visit. We ended the night at Nana and Pop's. Sailor had a big day. I am so happy to be a mom and especially Sailor's mom. I hope everyone else had as good a day as I did, Happy Mother's Day!








What, Mom, What?



Mom, Sailor and me
Dad, Sailor and me


Dad and Granny Fran

Granny Fran and Granddaddy


Sailor got to try out "Ollie", this toy has been a favorite of all the grand kids and great grand kids at Granny Fran and Granddaddy's.

1 comment:

Tara said...

The first picture is my favorite of you too! It sounds like your first Mothers Day was very special!