Wednesday, May 28, 2008

9 months old!!!

Sailor turned 9 months on May 22nd. It is hard to believe how fast time goes. I find myself saying this so often but it is so true. I hear a lot of older people say time only goes faster as you get older, I can only imagine. Sailor went for her 9 mo. check up Yesterday. 18lb 5 oz (39%), 28in (64%) and 44.75cm head circumference (71%). Our pediatrician is very pleased with the way Sailor is growing. Sailor is still dealing with acid reflux and is on medication for this.

Sailor is trucking right along with her developmental skills. She is, of course, crawling. Faster by the day! She is pulling up to stand from all positions and has taken one or two steps, cruising along the furniture for toys. She gets really motivated to move for things like the remote control, phone, camera, Wii or xbox controls, etc... She continues to eat well and the doctor says to keep increasing solid foods to 3 meals per day and 2 different food groups at each meal. She of course is still taking bottles when she is sleepy and only chews and plays with a sippy cup at this point. We spent last weekend at the pool and she loved it! She practically flips herself out of her little float to reach the water to splash. She has even put her face in the water a few times trying to bite it or take a drink. She has formed so many relationships already. I encourage everyone to read the sweet story on my sisters blog about my nephew Colton at church. It is hard to believe the feelings I can see that she has for her cousins. She is beginning to cry when left alone in a room or passed around to strangers. She is very attached to Nana and cries for her even sometimes with me :( This was a little hard the first time it happened to know she wanted someone other than me, I told mom that this would bother me if it was anyone else she cried for. It just shows me the love they have for one another. Nana informed me that Sailor learned a new skill today...She climbed up a whole flight of stairs with supervision, of course! We are thinking she is going to be a little dare devil and will keep us on our toes for sure.


I don't have any new pictures but don't like posting without pictures so this is one of my favorites. Sailor holding my finger only a few days old!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Time definitely flies! I cant believe that she is already 9 months already! She will be walking before you know it and look out!

Heather Robinette said...

OK, I didn't know if mom would tell you about the stairs, but I was right behind her all the way. I was quite impressed!

Wadsworth Family- said...

She's getting so big. As soon as we decide what week we're coming to Tennessee, !I'll let you know; Lake wants to come visit.

Amy Griffin said...

love the new picture!